In autumn, a warm cup of tea with a piece of cake or cookies is perfect to enjoy on shorter afternoons or rainy days. But tea is not only for drinking; it can also be used in cooking. This is the advantage of powdered tea.
Here, we will explain several ideas for preparing drinks and dishes where the main ingredient is powdered tea.
Wafer bars coated with chocolate with a Spicy Chai Twist
Ingredients for 8 pieces:
- 8 wafer-like bread or ice cream wafers for the filling
- 100g hazelnut butter
- 1 heaping tbsp pure cocoa powder
- Matcha & CO Erythritol, to taste (optional)
- 150g 85% chocolate tablet
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3g Cocoa Spicy Chai from Matcha & CO
- Prepare the filling by mixing the three ingredients until you get a smooth cream.
- Create two blocks of 4 wafer slices each. Spread the cream on 3 of the slices and stack them on top of each other. The last one should not be spread with cream (it's for sealing). Repeat the same with the other 4 slices.
- Cut each block into 4 bars using a sharp knife and set aside.
- Place the chocolate and a tablespoon of coconut oil in a bowl and melt it in the microwave in 30-second intervals to prevent burning. Add the Spicy Chai Cocoa to the chocolate and mix well.
- Dip each bar into the chocolate and place them on a tray lined with parchment paper. Leave them in the freezer for 10 minutes to quickly solidify the chocolate.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of Spicy Chai Cocoa on top and store them in the refrigerator until you're ready to enjoy them.
Spicy Chai Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is one of the most well-known sweet recipes worldwide. Here, we present a healthy version with a touch of our Spicy Chai tea, known for its slightly spicy flavor and gentle spiced aroma.
- 300g grated carrots
- 0.5g orange zest
- 4 eggs
- 40g Matcha & CO Erythritol
- A pinch of salt
- 3-4g Matcha & CO Spicy Chai Tea
- 5ml vanilla extract
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 150g ground almonds
- 50g oat flour
- 8g baking powder
- Greek yogurt or low-fat whipped cheese for the topping
- Matcha & CO Spicy Chai Tea
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a round detachable bottom mold, about 20cm in diameter, with the base covered with parchment paper and greased on the sides.
- Wash, peel, and grate the carrots and add the zest of half an orange. You can also use tangerine or lemon zest.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until they thicken. Add the grated carrots, erythritol, salt, and vanilla, and beat a little more.
- Incorporate the ground almonds, oat flour, cinnamon, Spicy Chai Tea, and baking powder, and mix until you get a homogeneous batter.
- Fill the mold and bake in the lower half of the oven for about 35 minutes, making sure not to overbake. Check if it's ready by inserting a toothpick; it should come out clean.
- Let it cool a bit outside the oven before unmolding, and then let it cool completely on a rack. Once it's cold, spread yogurt on top and add grated carrot pieces for decoration.
Tricolor Bread with Matcha
This tricolor bread is perfect for enjoying with homemade jam, or just as it is. Ideal for breakfast or snacks.
- 350g strong flour
- 7g dry yeast
- 15g Erythritol
- A pinch of salt
- 20g honey
- 15g olive oil
- 170ml milk
- 75ml fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 beaten egg
- To give color and flavor to the dough:
- 3g Matcha & CO Culinary Matcha Tea
- 8g cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of Erythritol
- Cinnamon to taste
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients (flour, salt, dry yeast, and erythritol). Mix well.
- Add olive oil, beaten egg, and honey. Mix again until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into three equal portions. Dissolve the cocoa powder, cinnamon, and erythritol with warm water in one bowl, then add it to the first portion of the dough.
- In another bowl, dissolve the culinary matcha tea with water and add it to the second portion of the dough. The third portion will remain natural.
- Grease and flour a bread pan and set aside.
- Place the dough on the table and knead it until it's uniformly colored. You will have one green, one brown, and one natural-colored dough.
- Once you have everything ready, place one on top of the other.
- First, the natural-colored dough, then the matcha dough, and finally the cocoa dough. Roll it up.
- Before flattening the dough, measure the pan to know how long it should be.
- Cover the dough and let it rise until it fills 80% of the pan, then place it in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 40 minutes.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Jasmine Tea Cookies
Did you know that jasmine tea regulates blood pressure and improves circulation? Jasmine tea has many other properties as well.
Ingredients for 8-10 small cookies:
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup of plant-based milk if you can't eat eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons of sweetener
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 125g or 1 cup of ground oats
- 5 drops of vanilla essence
- Topping: homemade peach jam
- Matcha & CO Jasmine Tea
- Beat an egg with sweetener, coconut oil, and vanilla essence. Mix until well combined.
- Add the oat flour to the mixture and knead well.
- Make small balls and place them on a baking tray. Make a small indentation in the center of each ball to add jam.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom is slightly golden.
English Breakfast Tea
Did you know that our English Breakfast tea comes from Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka is an island with increasing altitude towards its center, which favors the altitudinal distinction among its teas. It's the fourth-largest tea-producing country in the world.
Matcha & CO powdered English Breakfast Tea:
- Contains more caffeine than other teas, giving it excellent thermogenic properties, which aid in weight loss when combined with a proper diet and exercise.
- Has a high stimulating power, helping to keep the mind awake for tasks that require attention and concentration.
- Has antioxidant properties while also helping to control cholesterol and maintain good dental health.
Earl Grey Latte Tea
Earl Grey tea is one of the most well-known and characteristic varieties of tea in Great Britain.
This tea is fresh and has the typical astringency of black tea. It combines the benefits of black tea with those of citrus, making it an ideal beverage to boost our immune system and soothe colds. What better way to enhance our defenses this winter than with a good cup of this Matcha & CO Earl Grey Tea in a latte version?